Sunday, October 28, 2018

Climate Refugees

I've often noticed that many Tahoe residents are climate refugees. Like us, they came for the skiing and stayed for the year-round sunny weather. Although we're now used to California weather, I was reminded of it when we came down to exhibit my books and Kit's paintings at the Sacramento Fine Arts Festival (October 26, 27, 28). While much of the country is getting a taste of cold, wet winter weather, and Tahoe's daily highs are all the way down into the 60s, Sacramento is in the high 70s and low 80s, and the sun is brilliant.

So I Googled "Sunniest American cities" and here is what I found. Sacramento and Los Angeles are number 3 and 4.


Here's the link:
https://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/US/sunniest-cities.php

It's a fun website. You can search for lots of variables like cloudy days and average temperature. You can also search by state and by city.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment