Sunday, September 26, 2021

Candy Dance Art & Craft Festival

Is this the mother of all art and craft festivals? It seems bigger than the Mountain View Festival, which is one of the biggest events of its kind. Unfortunately, the Mountain View Festival was canceled due to pandemic concerns for the second year in a row. 

The Candy Dance in Genoa (Nevada's oldest town) has several hundred exhibitors,

It's now Saturday evening, and I'm home after my first day of the show. I can say that there are a huge number of exhibitors and lots of visitors .



I'm planning what I need to bring tomorrow. Today I brought more books than I could imagine selling under the best of circumstances. Yet I sold out of several titles. Tomorrow, I'll load my hand truck up with another stack of boxes.

I met a ton of readers. The stories I heard were touching. One gentleman said that the pandemic was very hard for him. But he started my series when the pandemic hit. Over the course of the pandemic, he's read all 19 of my books. He says they helped him get through the worst of it. What more could a writer want?

The Candy Dance goes until 5 p.m. on Sunday. 

Directions: From 395 in Carson Valley, turn west on Genoa Lane #206. (It's easiest if you're coming from the Carson City area to the north. If you're coming from the south - Minden, Gardnerville -, you'll have to drive past Genoa Lane for a bit, then turn around so you're heading south before you can turn west on Genoa Lane.)

Drive west on Genoa Lane about 3 miles and watch for a large parking field on the left. There is a parking fee. You'll get some exercise walking from the field up Genoa Lane to the Main Street crossing. Mormon State Park is on the right. I'm in the park, space MS3.

There are exhibitor booths all over the area, so expect to spend some time exploring. Put on your walking shoes, come to Genoa, and enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment