Sunday, January 5, 2020

A Toast To Sam Bauman


Long time Tahoe-area writer Sam Bauman died a few days ago. He was vital into his nineties.

Sam was a friend, a journalist, and a fellow novelist. He wrote for the Tahoe Tribune, the Nevada Appeal, and many other newspapers and journals and websites. He supported and wrote reviews of my novels, as I did of his. Sam lived and traveled and skied all over the world. 


Sam and I got together to talk shop and Tahoe over coffee and lunch. He invited my wife and I to dinners. Sam was also a writing teacher, although I don't know that he thought of himself that way. To this day, I still use some of the writing tips he gave me back when I was a newbie novelist in the early 2000s and he was a veteran writer. 

I will always appreciate Sam's presence in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment