Sunday, April 1, 2018

Left Coast Crime - The Definition Of A Great Literary Event

Last weekend was the Left Coast Crime 2018 convention, which was held in Reno. I've been to a lot of literary events for both fans and writers. This was at the top of the list for knowledge gained, connections made, future friends met. I highly recommend this event, which moves to a different venue each year, mostly on the West Coast.



As toastmaster, I got an extra charge out of being in the midst of 550 dedicated crime readers and writers.

The photo below shows me introducing one of the organizers to the audience. Was it Lynn Bremer? Lynn was the person who was responsible for drawing the Left Coast Crime organizers to hold the event in the Reno/Sparks area. The convention was held at the Nugget Resort in Sparks.

This was the Awards Banquet Dinner.
That's me, waaaay up there in front introducing Lynn Bremer,
the woman who orchestrated getting Left Coast Crime to come to Reno.
How did the servers manage to serve dinner
and drinks to 550 people?!

Next year, Left Coast Crime will be in Vancouver.
Check it out: LCC 2019

I'd also like to give a shout-out to Sundance Books, the store that handled book sales for many of the authors present. They did a great job.




1 comment:

  1. The beauty of the space and food get 5 juicy stars. The place was built with class! I'm no critic, but this venue NYC makes you appreciate design and aesthetics. I went to two events here. Both times, I had a great experience.

    ReplyDelete