Sunday, July 2, 2023

Can A Girl Do Anything? Heck, Yeah.

 Because my last book, Tahoe Moon, had a girl named Camille Dexter, who happened to be a good skateboarder, I've paid a little more attention to skateboarding recently. Especially girls with skateboards, because my vision of a young kid with a skateboard tends to be a boy. Right? Wrong? Just observing...

So I was delighted to hear that a 13-year-old Australian girl named Arisa Trew, just performed something most of us have trouble just imagining. Nevermind doing.

Arisa performed a flawless 720. This is no small thing. To my limited understanding, the trick involves flying down a vertical wall, up another verical wall and into the air, where she spins two full rotations and then lands. On a vertical wall, of course.

(When I was 13, I thought merely riding down a gentle slope without falling was significant.)

Check it out. Congrats, Arisa Trew. You rock.



No comments:

Post a Comment