Sunday, March 26, 2023

MacGyver? Never Saw It

Multiple times over the years, people have mentioned the show MacGyver in relation to my books. It's a show we've never seen. (I know, we're hopelessly out of touch.) So I never knew why Owen McKenna made people think of that character.

Today I looked it up on Wikipedia and it seems the main common ground is that neither McKenna nor MacGyver carry a gun. Another, less obvious, potential point in common is that McKenna sometime finds unusual and clever ways (like MacGyver's duct tape?!) to deal with problems.

When a recent review mentioned MacGyver again, I went to Netflix and looked it up. They have multiple seasons on DVD (We have no streaming at our house - not enough band width.)

So now we've got the first DVD in the queue. I'll report what I think after I watch the show.


No comments:

Post a Comment