Sunday, October 17, 2021

You'll Never Guess What My Covid Shot Felt Like

I went to CVS for my 3rd (booster) shot on Friday. I'm eligible because I'm over 65. I'd read up on it. Turns out it is exactly the same material in exactly the same dosage as the 1st and 2nd shot. Apparently, it also does the same thing to your body, which is goosing your immune system. If any covid-type virus gets into your body, your immune response sends out an army of different warriors to kill it dead.

So what did it feel like?

Nothing. The nurse swabbed my arm with disinfectant. I was distracted by something in the other direction. Then the nurse pulled away. 

I said, "Everything okay?"

She said, "Everything's fine. You're good to go."

"You already gave me the shot? I didn't feel anything."

A different woman behind the counter heard me and said, "That's what everybody says. They don't feel a thing."


No comments:

Post a Comment